Mkono Microfinance Bank
Job Title: Credit Analyst
Location: Yaba Lagos.
Experience Level: Experienced
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role will report to the Risk Manager and will be responsible for the recovery of overdue payments from customers. The successful candidate will also be working with the credit department to assess credit applications and identify suitability.
- Devise customized recovery strategy on a case-by-case basis.
- Make outbound collection calls to defaulting customers.
- Manage relationship with external debt collectors.
- Design and negotiate payment plans for defaulting customers with management’s approval.
- Follow up with customers on previous payment plans.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date customer account information.
- When necessary, liaise with Lawyers, Bailiffs, and Enforcement agencies.
- Negotiate settlements with customers.
- Take ownership of debt recovery cases and collateral where required.
- Maintain appropriate and comprehensive records of all customer discussions as it relates to debt recovery.
- Report daily, weekly and monthly progress against targets to Management.
- Participate in the weekly credit review committee meeting.
- Manage relationships with debtor customers to ensure compliance with repayment agreements.
- Conduct and document recovery visitations to customers.
- Review, process and reconcile accounts of indebted customers, to ensure amicable resolution & payment of the agreed sum.
- Recover past due payments from delinquent customers.
- Work with the Risk Manager to assess credit applications.
- Perform detailed analysis of applications concerning approved policies to assess the suitability of applications.
- Minimum of Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, etc. from a reputable University.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in retail credit, risk, and recovery.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of proper and ethical debt collection techniques.
- Ability to quickly build a picture of a customer’s circumstances and needs.
- Strong negotiating, counseling, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in collecting first and third-party accounts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Able to work well as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail. Having a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent listening ability and superb questioning techniques.
- Always accurate and on time in completing duties.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving, Critical reasoning, detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and writing skills.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of FINTECH
- Sound Knowledge of Civil Servant / Payroll Loans e. g through IPPIS and Oracle
Application Closing Date
2nd December 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online.